Thursday, December 16, 2010

First Morning 2010

Today, December 16, is the first morning of the Misa de Gallo (Rooster's Mass). It is one of the customs in the Philippines that being practiced for centuries.

This is my 8th year of attending the Misa de Gallo and I'm proud of it! For the first time, in 8 long years, I didn't attend mass in our parish, San Nicolas de Tolentino. Instead, I went to Redemptorist Church near Mango. We usually go there every Sundays with my family so the place isn't foreign to me. Their mass starts at five in the morning which is a bit late compared to other parishes that starts their mass at 4:30 am.

I was accompanied with my friend, Lyndon. He said it was his first morning mass but I doubt it. Haha. Since he arrived a bit late, we settled near the front door of the church. We were standing the whole time and fighting very hard not to sleep but instead be participative during the mass.. and we succeeded! (I guess.) :))

After the mass, we walked to Jollibee (Raintree Mall) to have breakfast. I had pancakes and he had a hotdog breakfast meal.  I lost my appetite after a few bites with the pancakes so he ended up eating it. Wahahaha.

Walked across Robinson's to wait for my jeep then we parted ways. I went home to change and get ready for work and I'm pretty sure he is now sleeping as I type this... :P


// Waking up early in the morning is not your thing. And you barely had two hours of sleep but still you went with me to church today.. So, for that, THANK YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment