Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I love to Read

I was able to read and finish two books this month. Ever since I always loved to read but I wasn't really serious about it until now. It all started when I always go to National Bookstore after my OJT shift scanning for books that caught my attention. It's mostly about love though. Haha. I've always been a self-confessed hopeless romantic but I never really show it to people openly. I'm just not comfortable showing and expressing my feelings and all. :P

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
This is actually the first book I own. Haha. Bought it late August since I was soo interested with the story and aside from the fact that it's a Best Seller. While I was reading it, I found myself falling in love with Elizabeth Gilbert as an author and as a person. She never fails to amaze me on how she writes down her thoughts and how brave she was to travel alone and discover who she really is as a person after such a bad divorce and  a depressing break-up then found a new love in the end. Isn't it sweet? She found her true love in a place where she least expects it. I can't wait to watch the movie based on this book. I can't seem to imagine Julia Roberts playing as Elizabeth. Hmmm. :)

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
My cousin introduced me with this one. The title is so catchy. How Mitch Albom wrote the book was soo unique. It was quite short though. It's good for one day read. Haha. I just finished it today actually. Reading has been one of my past times while I sit here facing the computer and got nothing to do for the whole day at work. Haha. Without this, I could have died with boredom. Haha. You'll really learn and realize things about life while reading this book; Reality regarding death and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment